Hey, hey everybody! My birthday was this previous Sunday, and I can’t believe I turned 27. I truly feel like my life has flown by pretty much since I graduated college. It’s so crazy to think that I have been out of college for over four years.. But I am very thankful for all the blessings God has bestowed upon me in my 27 years of life. I’ve definitely made my share of mistakes, but I don’t think I would do many things differently because some of those things molded me into who I am today. I am still growing and learning every single day, but I thought it would be fun to list out 27 things I have learned in my 27 years of life. 😉
- My “accomplishments” do not matter as much as the kindness of my heart.
- There is NOTHING that I can do to make God love me any less.
- My mom is WAY smarter than I gave her credit for when I was younger.
- It is possible for me to have a loving, caring relationship with my significant other (now husband) while still nurturing my relationships with my friends and my family.
- I am capable of living on my own. This was huge for me because I never thought I was brave enough to live by myself until I did. I am so thankful for that time.
- Church is still a very important aspect of my life and helps me even more in my adult life.
- Budgeting is vital.
- Getting a dog is no joke, but it was also one of the best decisions I ever made.
- Keeping in touch with friends after college can be hard, but it is definitely worth it.
- Speaking of marriage. Being married is not always 50/50. Sometimes Kyle is giving 90% while I can only give 10% and vice versa.
- Speaking out of anger never gets me anywhere good.
- Making a to do list for the day the night before has changed my life.
- Invest in a planner every year and USE IT.
- Pay off debt ASAP using the Debt Snowball.
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night.
- Good skin care is even more important to me now because acne STILL happens after you graduate college.
- Social media breaks are necessary and allow me to view it as a positive environment instead of constantly comparing myself to others.
- Keeping my house clean eases my anxiety and makes me super HAPPY.
- I am not the same person I was in high school, and I am so grateful for that. It is possible to grow and move forward.
- Self care may look a little different now, but I still try to pamper myself sometimes. I am NOT the best at this, but I am trying to do better because I always feel better afterwards.
- I am not still friends with some of the people I was in high school and even college. That’s normal. People grow up and grow apart.
- It’s also okay that there are some people I am no longer friends with due to them creating a toxic environment and making me feel worse after being with them. This took me a LONG time to understand and muster up the courage to walk away, but I am so much better for it.
- Being a nurse has taught me a lot about mental health. and I have learned that it is extremely important to take care of myself so I can continue to take care of others.
- I would much rather make a memory than be given something materialistic.
- I never knew I could love somebody as much as I love my nieces and nephews.
- Wait for someone who love, cherishes, protects, and respects you. People with these qualities do exist, and the wait is more than worth it. I found one, and he is my BEST FRIEND.
There you have it. 27 things I have learned in 27 years. I am sure there are many more, but these are the ones that stuck out the most to me. I would love to hear some of the things you have learned so please share below if you want, and we can all learn from each other.
*Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog and my newsletter on the right side of my home page. And if you liked this post, please hit the like button below so I know. ❤
Questions for YOU! Please comment below so we can chat.