Hey everybody! One of my favorite things to listen to when I’m working out, running, cleaning, driving, or just hanging out around the house is podcasts! I’ve tried quite a few and have my favorites for sure, and I wanted to share them with you! I love ones that challenge me, encourage me, and add some happiness to my day. I think you will too! Give them a shot, and you won’t be disappointed! They are all free, and I just use the Podcasts app on my iPhone. They are all also on iTunes. Once you subscribe, each episode will automatically download to your app every week so you won’t even have to remember! It’s super convenient. So here’s my list of my top 5 favorite podcasts!
- The Happy Hour with Jamie IveyThis is my all time favorite podcast, and the first one I ever dedicated myself to listening to every week. Jamie brings a girlfriend on the show every week and talks about everything from their testimonies to their favorite brand of leggings. You will cry from hearing the tragedies these women have been through and be reminded at how good our God is for bringing them through it. You’ll laugh at their honest, embarrassing stories and love how real the conversations are. Jamie is so good at making you feel like you’re sitting in the living room with a glass of wine having the conversation right along with them. Also, she has a lot of awesome sponsors who give some amazing discounts to her listeners so there is just another plus! Jamie wrote a book earlier this year called If You Only Knew in which she tells her entire testimony and is so honest about the things she struggles with. It is SUCH a POWERFUL story. I HIGHLY recommend it!!
- SHE with Jordan Lee DooleyI talk a lot about the bible study I am currently doing called She Refined which was created by Jordan Lee Dooley. Well, she made a podcast! Yay!! I am so excited. It just launched a few months ago, but Jordan already has a lot of great episodes up. She covers a lot of topics from hosting family gatherings to just feeling like we’re not enough and how to handle that. Jordan is so down to earth and is super open. She isn’t afraid of telling us that she’s not perfect which helps me relate to her so much more. I don’t know about you, but I love hearing from women who have actually gone through what I am struggling with because it seems so much more real. Some episodes are less than 30 minutes and some are over an hour, it just depends on the topic. She also brings on special guests from time to time.
- Girls Night with Stephanie May WilsonMy cousin got my hooked on this podcast a few months ago, and I binge listened to almost all of them as soon as I started. Stephanie has an amazing presence and is such an awesome interviewer. She asks all of the right questions and constantly brings her own wisdom in at all of the right times. She has such a sweet soul and has so much encouragement for us women. Stephanie also brings on a girlfriend every week to interview about different topics or to hear their testimonies so you get something new every single time you listen. She also has some awesome sponsors! I’m in love with this podcast! Stephanie also has a book she wrote after a huge break up and about how she found Jesus which is called The Lipstick Gospel. Check it out if you love her podcast, and you’ll love it. 🙂
- RISE with Rachel HollisIf you haven’t heard of my girl Rach then you must be living under a rock (haha just kidding…. kind of). RISE is a podcast by Rachel Hollis who pushes you to become the best possible you that you can be. She encourages you while simultaneously kicking you in the butt. Rachel is all about tough love in the best way possible. Rachel gives advice on life, work, relationships, and has special guests as well. You get something big every time you tune in, I promise! Also, if you haven’t read her book, Girl, Wash Your Face, GO READ IT! It will change your life.
- Set Apart Girl with Leslie Ludy This podcast is really good if you need some biblical truth in your life (which I do 24/7). Leslie gives biblical advice to help women combat the challenges we face every day. She keeps it simple and discusses real life topics which is super helpful!
So there are my top 5 favorite podcasts! Give them a try and let me know what you think. 🙂
What other podcasts should I listen to?