Happy Sunday everybody! I hope you are all having an awesome morning and ending your weekend relaxing. I know I am!
After having such a busy week and a wonderful thanksgiving, I really didn’t take very many pictures so I’m just going to highlight some things from last week. I’ve been thinking about doing that more often than my usual recap since my work days are so routine. What do you think?
I had my smoothie pretty much every morning before heading to work. I still never get sick of it, and it always keeps me full until lunch!
Wild Berry Cheerios are my current favorite snack! Have you guys had these?! They are so yummy! They’re gluten free and taste great plain or with almondmilk. I bring a bag to work or have a bowl before working out, and they give me the extra fuel I need!
Lunches this week consisted of a lot of soups and salads. Yummmm! Kyle and I are going to make turkey chili with our leftover turkey this week, and I can’t wait!
I love the way the moon looks in this picture. Chance and I went on a couple of evening walks last week, and this was our view. We usually go 2-3 miles every time we go. It’s great for both of us!
I’m getting back into running, and it’s been so wonderful. I kind of took a little hiatus after the mini and filled my time with walks and yoga. That was great, but I am so happy to get back into running. I did a couple of runs last week and am up to 1.7 miles. I felt like I could have run so much farther, but I’m trying to pace myself so I don’t end up injured or burnt out. It’s hard sometimes, but I know it’s better that way!
Before we headed to Kyle’s parents for Thanksgiving, we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and snacks. We were heading there early to help cook so we knew we would need a little something to hold us over until lunch. I got one of their fruit and cracker boxes. It was perfect and super yummy! Kyle had a blueberry muffin. We also got peppermint mochas. I asked for half the amount of syrup and for coconutmilk instead of 2%. Still delicious!
Don’t mind the paint stains on my shirt, but this was my sleepy pup after our thanksgiving festivities! We spent thanksgiving with Kyle’s family and had such a wonderful time. We laughed a lot, ate a ton, and ended the day putting up the Christmas tree! So much happiness!
8. I didn’t have my phone so I didn’t get any pictures, but we celebrated my grandparents 68th wedding anniversary this weekend. How amazing is that?! They are the most loving, caring, and God centered people I know, and I am so thankful to have them as an example for Kyle and I. My family went to Benihana to celebrate, and it was delicious. I had a salad, rice, and grilled chicken, shrimp, and veggies! At Benihana, you sit at a table around the grill and the chef fixes the food right in front of you. My niece thought it was super cool, but I think she was also a little terrified of the flames. I don’t blame her!
9. I made mashed cauliflower for thanksgiving, and it was a hit! Kyle’s dad kept going on and on and said he thought we could pass them off to their grandpa has mashed potatoes. Challenge accepted. I’ll share the recipe soon!
Kyle and I spent last night celebrating one of our best friend, Joe’s, birthdays. There was lots of loud singing and crazy dancing involved, and we had so much fun!
I truly hope you all had a happy thanksgiving and have a great week! ❤️
Questions! Respond below!
1. What did you do for thanksgiving?
2. Do you ever take a break from your favorite work out?
3. What was your favorite thanksgiving food?