Hey everybody! In my recap post this week, I talked about how my pastor challenged us to write down three things we’re thankful for every morning to help us concentrate more on what God has blessed us with and less on what we want. I’m going to share some today in the midst of our thanksgiving season 🙂
1. My God. I am truly in awe that I serve a God who loves me unconditionally no matter how many times I screw up and no matter what I do. That is truly the ultimate gift and should always be number one even though I take it for granted so often.
2. My family. I am so incredibly lucky to have a family who is very close and gets along so well. We talk constantly all day, get together as often as possible, and are always there for each other. Truly don’t know what I would do without them!
3. Kyle. I write about him all of the time so you guys already know that he’s the absolute best boyfriend in the world, but I’m going to say it anyways- I am so thankful for him! He’s my partner in crime, my best friend, and my rock. I wouldn’t want to do life with anybody else.
4. My besties. Shaylynn and Jaycey have popped up on my blog more than once because they’re truly my best friends and soul sisters. They just get me, and I am so thankful that God placed them in my life.
5. All of the essentials. I feel like I take these things for granted way too often! Food, water, my apartment, my bed, etc. I know there are so many people out there who do not have these things, and I truly can’t imagine what that’s like. I pray that one day we live in a world where no one has to live like that anymore, but until then we have to keep working towards it and be thankful for what we have.
6. Chance. My little buddy! I never knew that a dog could bring me so much joy, but this little guy definitely proved me wrong. He lights up my life so much and makes me laugh every single day. He always knows when I need a puppy hug and protects me when I need it. We don’t deserve dogs, guys! Love them fiercely while you can!
7. My new job. If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I moved jobs a few months ago and it was a super tough decision. My old hospital was going through a lot of changes, and I felt it was best to move on. My new hospital has been absolutely amazing, and I am so incredibly thankful that God gave me the opportunity to move there. My coworkers are amazing, my manager is so kind and such a role model, and I firmly believe in the foundation that I work for. So thankful!
Now for less serious things 😌
8. My new coat. I am seriously in love with this thing!! It’s super warm AND thin! It’s got this special lining that keeps me toasty without having to be super thick. I also love how long it is. I’m ready for you Indiana winter! You can get it here, and it runs pretty true to size in my opinion! I got a small and still have a little wiggle room! Get one!!
9. Christmas decorations! With Christmas being right around the corner, that means places are starting to decorate for Christmas and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It brings me so much joy. I can’t wait to get my tree up and hang our stockings. Chance and I also love going for runs and seeing all of the Christmas lights. Yayayayyyy!
10. Bubble Baths. With the cold weather being right around the corner, I am stocking up on bubble bath and bath bombs to enjoy on cold nights! Nothing is more comforting than a warm bubble bath. I love the bath bombs infused with essentials oils because a lot of them help me relax and relieve my headaches.
I really encourage you to be intentional about writing down things you’re thankful for on a daily basis and see how it changes your perspective! I’d love to hear some of your things so share them below if you feel so led 🙂
Happy Thursday everybody!